Monday, January 4, 2010

Speedy Gonzalez

I finished the other Tree of Life sock and am waiting for one of my yarn needles to magically appear so I can weave in the ends and block it! They look fantastic and were a fun knit! Even better I used Dream In Colour Starry (Rav link here) which is a fantabulous yarn that is squishy and soft, easy to knit and from the States so the skeins are 113gms...I used 51 gms of the black and 46gms of the green. Tree of Life socks fit fairly high up the leg, so I enough for another pair of largish two-colour socks, or mittens or maybe 2 pairs of solid socks. Dream in Colour is not cheap but if I can get 2 or 3 projects out of 2 skeins I will definitely get my moneys worth!!

In continuing with my Dream in Colour obsession (and my obstinate insistence on using the Canadian spelling for a proper noun) I am now knitting the Farinelli gloves by Ysolda Teague. Ysolda is one of my favourite designers. I am knitting a shorter verison of the gloves and I am going to make them "fingerless"-but rather than make them like "fingerless mittens" (aka handless mitts) I am going to make them like hobo gloves with the tips of the fingers bare. I can't stand wearing full gloves or mittens so I figured I should make something I would actually wear. I have never knit gloves before so I am looking forward to learning (and possibly swearing).
I started these this morning and have finished the arm already!


I couldn't do this post with out adding this pic of Tiny with Fingers (Tiny is the person, fingers is the cat)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I too hate how spell check always tells me the colour is spelled wrong.

Magic word today: Maries

A large group of women names Marie? Or a cake like snack similar to Twinkies.

electrictree said...

OOh! Cake-like snack!!!