Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Socken Sockey Sock Sock and a Sock KAL

I've had a bad case of KADD (Knitting Attention Deficit Disorder) lately. A million projects on the go, and none ever getting finished. Then Knitty came out with this:

I just about died. A million projects on the needles and these babies fall out of the sky?! In Knitty no less, so there's no financial excuses (Oh I'll knit that pattern later, it costs SIX BUCKS-for those of you that don't know Knitty, this is sarcasm, Knitty has awesome patterns and they are FREE!). There's was nothing left to do but hit the needles and get some shtuff finished!

I started these bad boys 2 and a half weeks ago.
A pattern completely of my own devisement. I did make notes as I went along, so it's possible that they will end up as an actual pattern someday.

They turned out pretty awesome. But took way too long too knit, that's not just because of the KADD, it's also because it's year end and books, payroll, etc was all due. I had 5 days where I didn't knit. If you know me personally, you know that's crazypants. I got pretty cranky for awhile there (well, more than usual anyhow...)

I still have a couple projects on the go, but I frogged 2 that just were not working, so am now down to a pair of socks and a sweater. In honour of this I have decided to start a Knit Along for those amazing Carousel socks! This way I won't feel guilty about starting them when there are other projects on the go, it's my responsibility as the host of this KAL that I knit along with all of you! (Right? RIGHT?!!)

In honour of this electrictree yarns will be having a sale on yarns appropriate for the socks. You don't have to buy our yarn to join the knit along, but we wanted something special for you. And we like doing sales. And contests. Oh! Did I mention this is a contest too!?

This pattern is designed especially for yarns with long colour changes. I have seen a few people try it out with variegated yarns and the results are not nearly as wonderful. If you are using your own yarn we strongly suggest using a long colour change yarn. You can check out the projects on Ravelry and see what appeals to you. If you need help choosing yarn from your stash, feel free to come in with some yarns and we'll be happy to help you choose.

Yarns in store that will work great for this pattern and therefore or on sale for the KAL are:
Zauberball

Zauberball Crazy

Katia Darling

and Jawoll Bambus

This discount is not a regular sale and is only for the purposes of this KAL, so if you purchase one of these yarns, let us know it's for the KAL and we'll give you 10% off your chosen yarn.

Here's how the KAL works-
We'll be starting a thread on our electrictree yarns group on Ravelry, so if you aren't already on Ravelry you should join, because it's awesome. Take the time to introduce yourself on the thread and share your project/yarn with the group. The group is there for discussion and fun, so if you find problems with pattern, parts of it you love, parts of it you hate, or any other insights-that is the perfect place to discuss it with other people knitting the pattern!
The KAL starts today and ends April 10th. The yarns mentioned above will be on sale for you until April 3rd. By purchasing one of these yarns and mentioning the discount you are committing to at least attempting to knit the Carousel socks during this time and not just padding your stash.
On April 10th we will do a random drawing of all the people who have completed the project and they will receive a skein of electrictree yarns ephemeral as a tribute to their awesomeness!

If you don't want to join Ravelry, but still want to join the Knit Along, that's OK too, just stop in the store by April 10th and show us your finished socks and we'll enter you in the draw!

On your marks, Get Set, SOCK!!!


2 comments:

LoriAngela said...

Just finished a mitten KAL with your green from the retreat. The ivory core goes smashing with the ivory. Also wound the coffee coloured yarn you dyed for me. Just the best subtle browns and blacks. It's for an afghan square swap, but I want some for my own. Any chance on dying more?

Jude Pilote said...

The socks are Gorgeous! & Love the yarns.. very pretty. I will have to come up so I can check out your shop.