Saturday, April 10, 2010

You know you did good when...

You know you did good when you tell people you made your sweater and they don't believe you.
I am loving my luminen sweater. I love how it looks and feels, I love wearing it. I know it's going to pill like a crazy mofo and I have already forgiven it for it's future transgressions because I love it and it loves me. Do you know how I know it loves me? Because it makes me look good when I wear it and that baby is true, true love.

Patrick had a bad couple of days...oh wait I digress...I had a bad couple days while Patrick was merely grumpy. His grumpiness was the simple product of his refusal to nap during the day and he subesquently got grumpier and grumpier as the day progressed.
He totally made up for a bad couple of days with today though. We went to a really awesome wedding and he was exceptionally well behaved and charming the whole time. So I think he was saving it all up for today and I am totally OK with that.
The wedding was for friends of ours who have been together for quite awhile. Gord and Dawn have 6 kids, 4 of them together, so it's about darn time they got married! Just kidding, I don't care if they live in sin, sinning is fun! I am happy they got married because it's something that Dawn has been wanting and she's a nice lady and deserves to be happy.
The best part of the wedding was that it was held on a ball field.


I thought that was pretty fun. Tiny liked it because he could have a beer during the ceremony. My favourite part was they were so far away we couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear us so we all just chatted until the very end and then we cheered. We didn't have to listen to all that wedding mumbo jumbo.
I dressed Patrick in a special outfit for the occasion.



I also took some photos of my friends daughter who didn't want her photo taken but I think they turned out cool and kinda artsy.



Lately I have been eating a lot of homemade smoothies. Like everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I have figured out how to make super duper delicious (pronounced delish-ee-ous) smoothies that taste like my favourite smoothies at booster juice except at a quarter of the price. I made so many smoothies I actually broke my blender. I somehow managed to crack the base. Luckily Tiny went and bought a brand shiny new one the next day!


(haha see how I trick myself into thinking I bought a really expensive booster juice smoothie by using my reusable booster juice cup for a home made smoothie?)

I get close to my full daily serving of fruits (and veggies since according to those Canada Food Peoples they're pretty much the same thing-I guess they never tried a green pepper pie) in one single smoothie. I buy bags of frozen fruits, sometimes I have 3 or 4 different kinds in the freezer. I thought I would share my smoothie recipe with you since it's so insanely delicious. Put the ingredients in the blender in the order I give for easier blending.

1 cup of juice-I prefer BomDia an acai blend but I'll use any kind of juice
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (turn on the blender for a second to mix the powder and the juice or you'll end up with gooey chunks of...well...goo...)
1 banana
1 cup of frozen fruit
3 big tablespoons of yogurt (I use vanilla activia)
Blend until deliciously smooth.

I highly recommend the protein powder and yogurt in your smoothie because it helps to fill you up and is especially good if you work out or do physical labour. Plus it makes the smoothie creamy and delicious!

To finish my slightly ADD post I leave you with a picture I took on the walk Patrick and I went on yesterday.
I am thankful that these people left there irrigation system on so I could take this beautiful photo, and I am only a little sorry that while I was taking it I could hear the pssshht sound of an irrigation system that was broken from freezing.

No comments: