Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What a day, what a day, what a mighty good day!


Our first day as a street level business was a wonderful success! We had 80 delightful people show up and fondle yarn.
After 2 months of intense work and sleepless nights, today has been relaxing and not at all anti-climactic. Business has been steady, but at a rate where we can actually talk to our new customers. My two favourite things that people have been saying to us are "Downtown Kamloops really needed something like this!" and "I was just walking by and saw your store!" Nearly a third of the people that came into the store didn't even know it was our Grand Opening, they just saw a cool yarn store and stopped in!
I was even able to find the time to do a little spinning and knitting on some personal projects during store hours today.
I feel like it's onward and upwards from here!

3 comments:

longdogyarns said...

I'm so proud of you! finally a yarn store not owned by a a self righteous jerk. I don't think I have ever been to a yarn store where the owner was cool.
I can't wait to stop by and visit and knit and shop!
YAY!
I"m so happy for the both of you.

Kate said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear the opening went well and I wish you continued success with the shop! I can't wait to come visit during the holidays!

2 Good Claymates said...

Congratulations on your store opening! Your store is so lovely and wish you all the best!