Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Good Saturday

Today I am going to be finishing up the second front piece for my Kilosweater. I spun another 200 grams so I can knit non-stop for a while without having to stop to make more yarn. I know I will have to spin another hundred, but would rather get some of this blasted knitting done!
I am working at the Yarn Store today and yesterday. Yesterday I spent the whole day watching movies, knitting and spinning. Today I will spend the whole day watching a movie, knitting, and teaching a friend how to knit. I am pretty excited. She is a lefty like me and hasn't been able to learn from her Mom who is a righty, so I am going to teach her continental. I had so much fun last night going through my stash, finding yarn for her. I wanted to find a colour that she would like that will be the right weight for knitting needles I am willing to give up so I can give them to her and convert over to the dark side of the Force! MUWAHAHAHA! I have most of a full ball of Red Tekapo and a skein and a half of wine coloured Mirasol Sulka, which is amazing peruvian yarn that is 60% Merino, 20% Alpaca and 20% Silk. It's almost a test to see which one she picks. the Tekapo is nice enough, and is a bright colour, but the Sulka makes me want to unravel it and roll in it. Maybe build a nest with it...
Tonight is the Semi-Finals for the Karaoke Bar Wars. I qualified in the first week, so I have been waiting 6 weeks for the Semi's, The top 3 contestants get a place in the Finals. First place in the finals is $1000 and 4 hours studio time at a loca recording studio. I want the recording time more than I want the money. But right now I am going to for small goals, my goal today is to qualify. I think I can do it, as long as I don't flub anything. I am really hoping my friend Adam qualifies too, he is a really good singer, and I think he deserves it. It would be really great if we both made it!
Today I am going to watch a movie called "My Name is Bruce" it's a Bruce Campbell movie and he is one of my favourite actors. He is most famous for his character Ash in the Evil Dead movies where he plays a saucy department store clerk that saves the world from zombies. In this movie he plays himself in a small town that has a zombie problem and everyone expects him to save the day because he is Ash, but he say "No! May name is Bruce! Those are just movies!!" Should be pretty horrible (in a totally awesome way).
Off to knit, I have a totally unrealistic goal of finishing my sweater this weekend...only 2 sleeves to go!

No comments: