Monday, May 11, 2009

Chlorpotential

So today I planted my outdoor kitty litter box...I mean garden, I planted my garden...OK, I have to be honest here...I planted 1/2 my garden...the other half I am sure will happen at some later date.
I am starting my 2 year noplant plan. This doesn't mean that in 2 years I won't have plants, this means that in 2 years I will only have to plant stuff if I want to. I am planting a corridor of perennials down the centre of my garden with annuals on the border. Next year I will fill in the border with perrenials. I could do it all this year, but that would be rather cost prohibitive since perrenials cost more than annuals...
So today I cleaned up the silver wispy perrenial (whose name escapes me...) and planted a rasberry cane that I bought at the Farmer's Market, Hostas, a hibiscus of indeterminate flower colour (one tag claims multicolour, the other white...) and strawberries for my perrenials. I also planted a border of marigolds. Now I m not a huge fan of marigolds, I don't lie they smell and I am unimpressed by the orange and yellow blooms, but they are cheap, cheap cheap. So I lay my preferences aside in the interests of being economically minded (cheap) and try to pick ones that have blooms with at least a little bit of red on them. I also am hoping that their malodorous blooms will my feline friends from using my garden as their latrine.
After I finished my planting I proudly took a picture of my lovely little garden for my blog. But when I looked at the picture I took I realized my garden isn't lovely at all (although I will admit it is little)
This is what I saw when I looked at the picture...

And I realized that when I was done and proudly looking at what I thought was my fantastic garden, I was look at what my garden will look like in the future, not what it looks like now. I can see where it's going. And if everything does not wither and die, I know it will look amazing...so if I post a picture in 2 months you'll know it turned out great. If I never mention anything again, you'll know everything died and there is a mini desert in my front yard...

I have been spinning a lot lately. While I was on Saltspring I focussed almost exclusively on knitting so now I am going overload on spinning and trying to fill up my Etsy Store with stock. I have been having fun and doing creative things, and trying to make yarn that may not appeal to me, but other people will love, like this...
Seriously...the pinkness of it makes me feel a little ill...OK a lot ill. But it's not just about me...it's about the customer.

I also made a yarn that I am extremely proud of, I think it's elegant, classy and beautiful.
It's a natural cream alpaca single plyed with rhodonite handbeaded silver thread. I knew it was going to look amazing but when I finished it I was ecstatic. I love the tiny glimmer of sivler that adds shine without being disco tacky. I can just imagine the beautiful item this could be knit into...
But now I must depart from my garden and spinning, I shall be finished my fair isle socks tonight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Rhodoromney is amazing! I've never seen anything like it.
WOW