Monday, March 9, 2009

The Plague!!


Apparently I have "THE" plague. I haven't gone to the doctor about it because I don't want to be thrown into some kind of freaking quarantine being poked and prodded by people in Tyvek suits and face plates that reflect back at you so you don't know what they look like.
I keep thinking of Stephen King's The Stand and I can't decide if I am upset or pleased that I am the harbinger of death.
I didn't go to work today. I HATE missing work. It's not that I hate not working, it's that I hate the diminishing numbers on my paycheque. Since today I am completely non-functioning unless I slam back the Neo-Citran and I am one of those people that is a completely unsafe driver when I drink the crap, I decided to stay home. I toyed briefly with the idea of being Typhoid Mary and taking the transit bus-calmly sitting there, knitting away (it would be so cool if I could knit on the way to work) giving those poor hapless people the sweet, sweet gift that I am apparently carrying in my body. But good sense got the better of me, I would probably fall asleep on the bus and be that crazy person nobody wants to talk to or sit next to (although that's not really a con.)
So instead I am sitting in my lovely warm basement (my husband bought me one of those fake woodstoves, they really pump out the heat!) knitting and reading ebooks. I kept thinking about how I wish I could read while I was knitting, and I considered audiobooks, but they are so slow compared to my regular reading speed, so I have opted for ebooks. I now wish I could find a way to put more words on a page so that I don't have to push page down so often-but that is a small price to pay to be able to indulge in two of my favourite past times at the same time!
By the way, I almost done the bottome band of my sweater-then it is on to the sleeves! only a few more days and I am finished!!

No comments: