Monday, March 2, 2009

Singing in the Rain!

Today is the first time it has rained since November! I cannot even begin to describe how happy I was when I woke up this morning and heard that delightful tap-tapping on my roof! I grew up on the coast so am accustomed to copious amounts of rain. It rains so rarely in Kamloops, that when it finally does rain, it feels like a blessing. At this time of year rain means warm! It's only a few degrees above zero, but it is warmer than it has been in MONTHS. Yesterday it climbed to 12 degrees. I had the door open most of the day and the cats sat outside on the front step. They love it when the door is open, they hang out guarding the door, squinting and blinking in the sunlight.
When I opened the front door this morning, the air was so clean and yummy! It's the afternoon now and the sun is shining. Spring has SPRUNG!

1 comment:

longdogyarns said...

oooh Loom Room in Whippletree you say? fiber shop???
would you like to come over and help me with my new wheel by any chance? I can't get the yarn to go on the bobbin. something with the tension. I'm not used to the big trad wheels. I'll trade you for some pretty fiber!I have loads
I'm beyond exited to go to your little island. maybe I can find some people to sell me raw fleece.